As an ADHD Coach in addition to being a Business Coach who has helped hundreds of business owners make MORE MONEY, I typically work with the highly-spirited, smart, driven, creative entrepreneurs. (and sometimes we aren’t even AWARE that we are rambling on and on and on…..)
I know for a fact that most of our attention-spans last about 30 seconds (and 7 minutes of training if the speaker doesn’t change it up).
30 seconds?!?! yup! That means if someone doesn’t “get to the point” within that time frame, not only do you TUNE OUT but you simply CAN’T PAY ATTENTION no matter how hard you try.. (CLICK HERE the entier BLOG – Great One-Liners you can use as an excuse to politely use to get out of there quickly!, AND How to Create Your IMPACT Statement)
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
It’s ON AGAIN baby!
The transformational Melissa Binkley and I are joining forces AGAIN but this time – it’s EVEN BETTER and we BOTH have a lot more ROAD BUMPS behind us!
This Monday, May 4th at 8pm eastern! for a F.R.E.E. Webinar!
Discover what is REALLY Crippling Your Business…& your Bank Account?
REGISTER NOW and SAVE YOUR SPOT for this FREE WEBINAR!
(but these fill up fast when we do them together so please do so asap)
- The 5 Parts to creating and sustaining a 6 Figure Business & beyond!
- plus so much more…
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
HERE’s THE REST OF THE BLOG! (ESCAPE THE ELEVATOR PITCH)
We have all met “that” person….. You know, the one that starts rambling on and on when you ask about their business and totally BAFFLE US WITH THEIR BRILLIANCE and passion of their product or service.
We politely smile and nod our head after 1, 2, 3 or even more minutes of listening to WHAT THEY DO and worse, they may even have moved on to TELLING YOU WHY YOU NEED IT….. (hmmm, they never once asked about me)
Ick! But wait, do I do that too?
This is s a very good question. If you are not clear on your IMPACT STATEMENT and can communicate it in less than 30 seconds or less, you are LOSING PEOPLE. And the sad thing is that we are too busy talking to even know it!
Check out these great One-Liners you can use as an excuse to politely use to get out of there quickly but MORE IMPORTANTLY, take note if someone has ever used these on you.
Note: Your IMPACT STATEMENT is you being able to easily and quickly explain WHO your perfect ideal client is, what their pains and challenges are (in THEIR WORDS) and what the benefits and solutions are you provide for them… all the while, WITHOUT being salesy… Oh, and you should be able to do that in 30 seconds or less.
1. “I actually need to run to the restroom, excuse me.”
2. “My phone is going to die any minute. Mind if I slip away to find an outlet?”
3.“I’m actually going to go re-fill my drink. It’s been a pleasure chatting.”
4. “I actually have to make a call within the hour, thanks for chatting!”
5.“My phone is buzzing – if you don’t mind, I’m going to quickly take this.”
6. “I think I left my [laptop/bag/phone] in the other room. Excuse me.”
7. “I actually have a question I wanted to ask the speaker before she leaves, excuse me.”
8. “Well it’s been great chatting, but I don’t want to hog up all your time.”
9. “I need to go check in with my team about a few things. I’ll see you around?”
10. “Well, it’s been great catching up. Let’s stay in touch, perhaps over LinkedIn?”
11. “Rats, I still need to talk to X person. Mind if I slip away to go find them?”
12. “Oh, you know what, I think I left my lights on in my car!”
13. “Oh my gosh, I think I left my car unlocked.”
14. “I must look so rude checking my phone. I keep getting notifications so I’m going to see if there’s something urgent – excuse me.”
15.“I want to snag a sweet seat before the next session starts – I’ll see you around.”
16. “I’m going to check my email real quick – my team has a deadline to hit before X.”
17. “So I made a goal to meet three people tonight. Thanks for being one of them! Going to go find the next.”
I want to thank my friend who is the CEO of Sidekick/Hubspot for sharing Mindy Kaling’s one-liners above.
So, do you recognize any of these?
If you are stuck or challenged in being clear on what YOUR IMPACT STATEMENT is, we can help.
Contact us for one of our
INSTANT IMPACT Strategy Sessions
with one of our EXPERT Sales & Marketing Coaches or Operations Expert who help our clients double and TRIPLE their sales by up to 300%!
(***we have 5 spots open for the month of MAY and they are absolutely free to the 1st 5 business owners who register)
Simply email Lauren at email@example.com
and she will set up your INSTANT IMPACT STRATEGY SESSION
with one of our EXPERT Sales Coaches who is the best fit for you.