Shelley’s 8 PERSONAL SECRETS….
(for the Crazy, Busy, ADD’ish Entrepreneur – or just the smart, driven creative ones)
How to be Wildly PRODUCTIVE and
MAKE MORE MONEY!
Yes, you can have both!
As fast-paced and nuts my life and business may seem to anyone on the outside looking in, and even with a very messy desk and dining room table –
I STILL GET MORE DONE THAN most people do all day – TIMES 3! and I am still able to make MONEY and build a business as well. I have ADHD, and I’m an Entrepreneur. I also fall down every single day – but I get back up and keep going.
I NEED ACTION (I crave it), and I will always have a full plate. People like me need to remember to keep our plates full of “good things” otherwise the “bad things” will take over.
Telling people like me to “take things off our plate” may seem like common sense to someone without ADHD or high energy levels but to someone like me who “needs” the stimulation, that advice is almost comical.
Smart, Driven, Creative Entrepreneurs have the uncanny ability (and creative genius) to either SAVE the world, or DESTROY it, in one fell swoop. They need an outlet, period. Note – (Famous people with ADHD are Albert Einstein, Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, Will Smith, Robin Williams, Steve Tyler and there’s more)
With the right vision, plan, and implementation, we can do amazing things that will leave most people baffled. Without it, we can do the stupidest things – haha, which leave people REALLY BAFFLED!
Yes, would I love to spend every single day, 3 hours a day, doing things for ME, ME, ME, such as going shopping, casually stopping by for a fresh greenie, having lunch with friends, going to a yoga/pilates/the spa, date night every night, cooking dinner every evening, surfing facebook, watching American Idol and running all of my personal errands that have been on my list for years?
Of course I would, but the truth of the matter is that I am the CEO of my company which I take very seriously, (always have, even when I only had 1 client) I am very passionate about serving my clients and am a single mom of a teenager who also has a business and is going off to college soon. I LOVE WHAT I DO, and I LOVE MY LIFE…
News Flash: There is NO SUCH THING as “Balance”! Yes, I said it! As women, we want to be SUPER HEROES and think there is some magical formula to HAVING IT ALL….. Well, there’s not! It’s impossible. So I decided to stop tripping over my cape.
While you can’t HAVE IT ALL, you CAN have EVERYTHING you really, really want…..not all at once but one moment at a time….. (or one time block at a time)
Here are my 8 PERSONAL Secrets for the Crazy, Busy ADHD’ish Entrepreneur
(or a smart, driven creative one…) on
How to Be Wildly PRODUCTIVE & PROFITABLE!
1. Be Clear on What You Really Want – to do this, you must know what YOUR TRUE VALUES are, not those of others. (Be clear on this about ALL areas such as your personal life, career, financial, education, community service, family, relationships, health, etc….) If you leave one out, it will leave YOU out! Remember, you are NOT BROKEN but be aware that there are a lot of people who will try to “fix” you. Be open minded to improvement and personal growth at all times but don’t succumb to the pressure to change because someone else told you that you should.
2. Have a Written Plan – and USE IT! Daily, Weekly, Quarterly and ANNUALLY…
If you have a written plan, your daily planning is so much easier. You CANNOT PLAN ON THE FLY! If you are “planning” daily or anytime AFTER your day has already started and/or it’s not based your bigger picture plan, then STOP it. You are exhausting yourself, spinning your wheels and making innocent bystanders very dizzy…
(You can download our EXCLUSIVE & Free Weekly SUCCESS PLANNER and our Daily SUCCESS PLANNER by clicking here for an instant download)
3. Stop Changing Your Mind/Direction (or letting distractions take over) – especially every time someone says, “you should do this” or “you should try this” or “buy this”, etc…. If you already know what you want and you have a PLAN then you must IMPLEMENT – a great new idea is NOT going to fix your situation but CONSISTENCY will cure almost any ailment in your business.
4. Don’t Chase Too Many Birds (or Rabbits) or your Animals of Choice! Pick ONE for now and follow it through! (Clarity, a Plan, Action, and IMPLEMENTATION). You can’t serve everyone; you can’t market to everyone, you can’t follow up with everyone and you can’t be afraid to narrow down your focus. While you may have the gift to help ANYONE, you simply can’t help EVERYONE. If you try, then you position yourself as a “generalist” and not a “specialist” or an expert and you will be simply worn out and potentially BROKE. PICK ONE FOR NOW and put the other things you want to do in your long term plan if it’s something you really want to do.
5. “Don’t worry about the Mule, Just Load the Wagon” – in honor of Father’s Day, I had to add this one since my dad used to say this to me all time.. This basically means stop waiting for PERFECTION before you get into action. The sun and the moon rarely lines up and a heart shaped cloud will never circle them all at the same time. If I quit every time something went wrong or wasn’t perfect, I would NOT be here writing this to you. Also, you must GET STARTED. Your message will change and evolve over time, but you will never know if you don’t get started. Stop worrying about the HOW. Once you get started, a lot of the details will become clearer and you can correct your course. (just make sure you have a plan you are following, otherwise there is nothing to correct)
6. IMPLEMENT, IMPLEMENT, IMPLEMENT – the biggest thing I see that gets in people’s way is THEMSELVES. They will decide to do 1, 2 or 3 things towards moving forward and then it doesn’t happen. Life gets in the way. Guess what, LIFE WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN. You must keep moving forward and know that you can learn to recognize and overcome obstacles and challenges but eliminating them all together isn’t possible. Hmmm, did I mention “have a plan”?
7. TIME BLOCK THE HECK OUT OF YOUR CALENDAR!
If you aren’t doing this, or you don’t know exactly what I mean, then we definitely need to talk 🙂 My Business Manager says she doesn’t know ANYONE who does this quite like I do, and we ALL know that if I didn’t do it, I would have no clue where to be or what to do in the next 5 minutes, let alone the next 5 days, 5 weeks or 5 months. It is THAT IMPORTANT! Start today…
8. ACCOUNTABILITY – I have a Coach! I would never hire a coach who doesn’t have (and PAY FOR) a Coach. I’m also in and part of an amazing mastermind group. I don’t pretend to have all of the answers but even if I did, I would still need my Coach and my mastermind partners to REMIND ME of what I conveniently forget sometimes such as my commitments, my WHY, my plan and so forth. I gave up the noble delusion of trying to do it all myself and the BIG difference for me in HOW and WHEN I was able to take my business and my entire life to the levels I never thought possible was my commitment to hire a high-end coach (even when I though I COULD NOT AFFORD IT); a Coach ho has also paved the way for me by doing exactly what I wanted to do. She shares her struggles also and doesn’t pretend or paint a picture that it’s easy. It’s not easy… If it were, everyone would have their own business.
It may not be easy, but it IS WORTH IT!
I say this because my dream of taking my son to college comes true this week and GOD knows, it’s been a LONG ROAD to get here. I could NOT take 3 days off to enjoy this experience with him if I worked for someone else. THIS IS WHAT IS REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME; and the fact that I get to do what I love to do makes it that much better!
Serving Others Does NOT Mean You Have to Be BROKE! Want to know more about how we can help you MAKE MORE MONEY and still DO WHAT YOU LOVE???
Check out our 90 Day Catapult Your Business to Super Success Group Coaching Program – <<CLICK HERE FOR INFO>> – it’s starting in the next couple of weeks and it’s AFFORDABLE!