Are you STRUGGLING to find a SIMPLE Road Map in Your Business To Make MORE MONEY?? Well, CHECK OUT MY LATEST BLOG!
First things first, there are so many reasons why you may not be making the money you truly deserve. I’m going to cover a few that me and my team see commonly almost every single day when working with business owners, start-ups and even just meeting them out and about in my daily life.
The #1 reason people are not making money in their business is because they have not committed 100% to treating their business as a REAL business and putting on their CEO hat. Its time to put your big girl panties on, (or big boy undies), ACT LIKE a CEO and treat your business as such; a REAL business!
Once you‘ve made that COMMITMENT, not just to yourself but to your business, then come the mistakes as to why you are not making MORE MONEY.
Below are the 5 Most Common Mistakes I see every day. Which ones are you making?
1. LACK OF CLARITY of your Mission and your Vision – the number one mistake I see so many business owners make is not being clear in what they’re trying to achieve. While you do not have to do a “formal” business plan if you‘re not seeking financing from a bank, you do have to have a PLAN (written)! In order to have a written PLAN, MUST KNOW exactly what your PURPOSE is.
The premise of “Do what you Love and the Money will Follow” is bullshit!. Someone left the middle part of that statement out, and it has really screwed up many entrepreneurs over the years. It should say “Do what you Love… have a REAL PLAN, take Consistent ACTION with IPAs (income producing activities) …and then, the MONEY will Come”.
Do you see the missing puzzle link?
You cannot create a real plan unless you are clear on what your vision is – the big rock, the purpose, the goal, the mission, whatever you want to call it. If you do not know exactly where you are going, how can you possibly get there?
2. Not knowing your IMPACT statement can be devastating, cost you A TON of money and cause you to lose potential clients and customers each and every day. If you stumble or go around in circles when someone asks you whatyou do, this means that you lack clarity in your message that you carry from your brain out of your mouth to people or onto paper. Having your true STATEMENTwill clear all of this up for youreally quick, and your perfect, ideal client will PERK UP as soon as you tell them what youdo. If other people do not perk up, it is because they are not your ideal client. I see this almost every time I go to a networking meeting or am interviewing a potential new client. If a simple website developer cannot even tell me what they love to do or whom they love to work with and what their unique benefits are, then how will anyone know if they are the right person to hire? We help you clear this up quickly in our Signature program, Get Your IPA On!. We do not let you go any further in your business and waste your time, energy and money until you have this ironed out so everything else will come so much more smoothly to you, especially MORE MONEY into your bank account.
You can be the best (fill in the blank) in the world but if people do not know whatyou do in a clear concise manner, how you can serve them, or how to find you, they’re not going to write you a check. Simple fact!
Giving yourself some zippy name like the “bedazzled business babe” isn’t going to bring your clients either. You can’t possibly know what your IMPACT STATEMENT is until you are clear on your target market, niche, who youreally serve, the pains challenges and struggles that they deal with and the benefits they get from truly working with you.
WARNING: Get clear on your impact before youproceed to do anything else and stop draining your bank account as you watch all of your potential clients just pass you by to go and work with someone else.
3. Your Marketing STRATEGIES & TACTICS are too few, too MANY or just a big MESS!
Creating a brand, developing a logo, letterhead, business cards,website, marketing plans, blogs, videos,articles, and everything you are doing in your business can be a total waste of time, energy and a boat-load of money if you do not know what your impact is. Stop creating websites, logos and business cards and tell you get clear on this. You‘re wasting your time and money, as soon as you do, everything else will start going much more smoothly. I promise!
The number one reason WHY businesses FAIL is because people QUIT. They quit right before they’re about to strike GOLD, and it’s very disheartening. This happens because business owners are exhausted and aren‘t making the money they deserve even after they have worked their tails off to build their businesses. How does that happen to good people? Well, simple… Their marketing strategies and tactics are all over the place and do not have any consistency or structure to them, and unless they TIE to an IPA and a plan, they are worthless to you. In our Signature program, Get Your IPA On! you will learn how to create and IMPLEMENT these, so you do not find yourself broke after spending a lot of money and not bringing any in. We also teach youthe 100+ marketing strategies and tactics that you can use yet so many people try to do ALL AT ONCE. It’s a wonder why they are all exhausted. We teach youhow to evaluate what you were doing that is working so you can do more of it, what you are not doing so you can START DOING it and easily incorporate it into your activities, and what you‘re doing that is not working so you can stop doing them or correct them so you can start making more money. Then we narrow it down to what WORKS FOR YOU and eliminate all of the other NOISE that is occupying your life and business.
4. Systems Overload or the Ice-Age!
I often find that people will spend money on SYSTEMS because they think they are a magic pill and will fix all of their problems. Of all the things that I just mentioned such as Clarity, Impact, Strategies & Tactics, etc.. youMUST have those things in place to know HOW to decide on which “SYSTEMS” will best serve you such as which CRM is best, which financial or bookkeeping system is best, which list building system is best, which customer management system is best, which website and online systems are best for you, how to manage your social media and your marketing systems, how to handle creating your business, getting new business, doing the business and RUNNING the business… It too can be exhausting if you do not have the tools to make the best decision.
We teach you how to do this in our Signature Program, Get Your IPA On! BUT we teach you how to do this affordably! As a certified Business Coach with a lot of successful clients who are continuously growing and MAKING MORE MONEY, I’m also a single mom who had limited funds and resources available to start my business. I had to build my business on a shoestring budget to include a lot of hard work and elbow grease so I know personallywhat works and what doesn’t. I never recommend systems that are costly if they’re not going to work for you, and I also do not recommend cheap systems if they’re not going to accomplish your goals either. We help you find the right combination for YOU and then GUIDE YOU in putting them into place so youcan step from all of those time suckers, be the CEO of your company, and thenmake the MONEY you truly deserve.
5. Accountability and Coaching – yeah yeah yeah, you‘ve heard it all… the more money you spend on a coach, the better you‘re going to get. Right??? I adamantly say, “Wrong!” You should EVALUATE where you are in your business life-cycle and find the person who is the best fit for you. You do not have to like them, but you do need to be able to trust them and know that they have your best interest at heart at all times. I have had to change coaches over time, but that does not mean they were not ALL amazing. First, you do start with the mindset and learning about yourself, etc.. But when you know that you‘re focused on your mindset every day, most people need ACCOUNTABILITY soyou can ensure you are going to take the actions you‘ve committed to takingand that you know HOW to do them. How are you supposed to know what the next step is if someone, who has already been there and done that, doesn’t SHOW YOU THE “WHAT” and the “HOW”???
NOTE: A good BUSINESS COACH is also a CONSULTANT who canteach you the steps and HOW to IMPLEMENT your PLAN. In order to be able to help YOU DECIDE on which SYSTEMS are best for YOU, they should have an overall knowledge of how they function and operate and definitely know how to LOG IN.. If you can’t TRACK it, you can’t ACHIEVE it.
First, MINDSET – then WHAT STEPS – then the HOW!
In our Signature Program, Get Your IPA On! We will also have GUEST SPEAKERS for each module who are SPECIALISTS in each of these areas, who are NOT selling ANYTHING but are there to ANSWER your questions in order for YOU to find that missing puzzle piece that has been holding you back from making the MONEY you truly deserve.
In addition, every other week, we have included our Group COACHING, Q&A and also HOT SEATS for those who are ready to step up in a big way.
It’s ALL included in our GET YOUR IPA ON! Signature Program.
So JOIN THE MOVEMENT, Stop Making NOISE and Start MAKING MONEY!
Have a Fun, Fearless & FOCUSED Day!
Shelley Mitchell, BA, ACC, CPM, CAPS, CAM, HCCP, COS, MORS
President/CEO *My Personal Business Coach & My Personal ADHD Coach*
Author of “Build My List! Build My Business! Build My Bank Account!”, Co-Author of More Ways To Succeed With ADHD, & Author of the forthcoming book series “How to Get (and keep) What You Really, Really Want”.
e: email@example.com – p: 561.320.1517 – w: www.MyPersonalBusinessCoach.com
Like us on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MyPersonalBusinessCoach
skype: mitchell.shelley Twitter: @MyPrsnlBizCoach
Get your Free Weekly SUCCESS PLANNER (w/Bonus DAILY Success Planner)!